Grafix Shrink Art Film Instructions:
- Draw or trace a design on the film.
– Decorate with permanent inks, markers and rubber stamps.
– If inkjet version was purchased, this film is printable on both sides.
- Cut out the design.
– Use with regular/decorative scissors or die cutting systems.
– If needed, punch holes with a paper punch prior to baking.
- Pre-heat oven between 300°- 350°.
– Test with a scrap piece to determine best baking temperature and time.
- Place design on cookie sheet lined with medium weight cardboard, teflon sheet, parchment paper or vellum.
– Do not bake on bare metal or any stoneware.
- Heat for approximately 2-3 minutes until flat or shrinking has stopped.
– Bake in conventional or toaster ovens or use with an embossing tool.
• Cover design with parchment paper or vellum to minimize curling and sticking while baking.
• If curling or sticking occurs, remove from oven, flatten with a spatula or pull apart with utensils or tweezers when slightly cooled and then reheat to complete the shrinking process.
• When removed from the oven, the film is still pliable and can be flattened or shaped.
• If using an embossing tool, control the shrinking by moving the tool away and closer. To heat evenly, turn the piece over.
• Use caution when handling before cooled. The designs will be HOT.
• For larger or longer designs, heat at a lower temperature to slow the shrinking process and reduce distortion.
• The film will not shrink perfectly proportionate. Please allow for some distortion.