Polypropylene (PP) is a member of the environmentally-friendly polyolefin family. Like its sister HDPE, polypropylene’s electrical properties, chemical and temperature resistance makes it a terrific choice for many industrial applications. Polypropylene has exceptional contact clarity, and resists distortion in lower gauges, which makes it ideal for applications that require heat sealing, like packaging materials, boxes, binders, and portfolios.
In addition to the stock sizes and finishes we carry, our PP sheeting can be produced to match specific colors, thicknesses and finishes.
- Stable in outdoor applications
- (May crack upon impact in extreme cold)
- Superior clarity and color reproduction
- Resistant to most chemicals
- Flexible scores with long lives
- Accepts numerous printing techniques
- FDA approved
- Environmentally friendly
- Versatile processing with minimal odor
- and low taste transfer
- Moisture resistance
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Low specific gravity (floats in water)
- Stiff, rigid and cut resistant
- Clear Matte/Matte
- Clear Matte/Smooth
- Custom Colors Available
- Custom Gauges Available
*Not all finishes are available for every gauge and size
- Master sheet size is 20″x25″ up to 24″x50″ depending on the thickness/color/finish you need.
- Anything smaller can be custom cut to your requirements.
Typical Properties of Polypropylene Film
|Film Properties||Value||Units||Test Method|
|Density||0.9||@23°C,g/cm 3||D 792B|
|Yield||4,000 (28)||PSI (Mpa)||D 638|
|1% Secant @.05 in/min||140,000 (940)||PSI (Mpa)||D 790A|
|Notched IZOD Impact Strength||6.1 (330)||@23°C, ft-lbs./in (J/m)||D 256A|
|Melt Flow Rate||2||230/2.16, g/10min||D 1238|
|Deflection Temperature||174 (79)||@66psi/455 kPa-°C||D 648|
For more specific questions regarding Polypropylene Film, please contact your sales representative today!
Important Notice: Grafix makes no warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the Grafix product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. Please remember that many factors can affect the use and performance of a Grafix Plastics film product in a particular application. Given the variety of factors that can affect the use and performance of a Grafix product, some of which are uniquely within the user’s knowledge and control, it is essential that the user evaluate the Grafix product to determine whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.
Limitation of Remedies and Liability: If the Grafix product is proven to be defective, THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, AT GRAFIX’S OPTION, SHALL BE TO REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE OF OR TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE GRAFIX PRODUCT. Grafix shall not otherwise be liable for loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including, but not limited to, contract, negligence, warranty or strict liability.
- DEHP, DBP and BBP free. Contact us for more details
- RoHS Compliant. Contact us for more details
- FDA approved for direct food contact. Contact us for more details