Make eye safety a priority with ES DuraLar™, your ISO safe solution for direct solar viewing. Perfect for glasses, binoculars, telescopes, and more!
Crafted with care and tested to meet stringent ISO safety standards, ES DuraLar is your ticket to safe, direct viewing of our favorite star, the sun. Whether it’s in front of glasses, binoculars, telescopes, cameras or other devices, ES Duralar has you covered!
Everyone’s vision matters!
As always, Grafix is committed to our customers’ safety, and to innovating on your behalf. With the upcoming eclipses, we knew that making filters for everyone’s safe viewing was critical – because when it comes to viewing a solar eclipse, maintaining eye safety discipline is crucial. That’s why we spent the last couple of years bringing this special grade of Eye-Safe Black Duralar polyester film to market.
We’ve put our decades of polymer film expertise to work and created a product that’s all about your safety. Eye-Safe Duralar has been carefully designed and tested to meet the ISO Specification 12312-2:2015 for transmittance, the international standard for direct solar observation safety. You can rest assured that with proper use of our film, your eyes are protected while you enjoy the awe-inspiring spectacle of a solar eclipse.
Everything needed for safe viewing of the sun!
- Comprehensive Protection: Shields eyes from harmful IR & UV radiation
- Meets ISO safety transmittance standards
- Uniform opacity
- Pleasing yellow tint
- Heat resistance up to 150 Deg C
- Smooth surface
- Versatile: Available in rolls or sheets
Convenient sizes available for both consumers and manufacturers:
- 6″ x 6″, Pack of 4 sheets
- 4″ x 4″, Pack of 4 sheets
- 12″ x 12″, Pack of 2 sheets
Direct Link to Amazon and Retailers Coming Soon
- 12″ x 500′ & 1000′, 3″ Cores
- 17″ x 500′ & 1000′, 3″ Cores
- 24″ x 500′ & 1000′, 3″ Cores
- Wider widths available upon request.
Click on the Start an Inquiry button up to purchase.
Properties are based on .002″/50um Black Opaque Duralar polyester film. (Properties of other gauges and finishes of DuraLar polyester film can vary.)
|Film Properties||Value||Units||Test Method|
|Tensile Strength (MD)||205||MPA||ISO 527-3|
|Tensile Strength (TD)||221||MPA||ISO 527-3|
|Elongation MD||150||%||ISO 527-3|
|Elongation TD||124||%||ISO 527-3|
|Service Temp||-70 to 95||Deg C||Internal|
|Shrinkage @ 150C||MD||1.49||%||ASTM D1204|
|Dilute acids and Alkalis||Good|
|Greases, oils, & Fats||Good|
|Organic Solvents, Alcohols|
|Keytones, Esters and|
|Chlorinated compounds||Fairly Good|
|Phenols, Cresols and|
|UVB Transmittance||< .00001||Exceeds||%||ISO 12312-2:2015(E)|
|UVA Transmittance||.00001||Pass||%||ISO 12312-2:2015(E)|
|IR Transmittance||.011||Exceeds||%||ISO 12312-2:2015(E)|
For more specific questions regarding DuraLar Film, please contact your sales representative today!
- Tested to ISO Spec 12312-2:2015E – Check out our test results!
- NEVER, EVER directly look at the sun with the unaided eye. Only filters produced and tested to ISO Specification 12312-2:2015 are safe use for observing the sun whether its in glasses, shutter cameras, telescopes or binoculars. Failure to do so will result in permanent eye damage.
- Follow these instructions for safe extended solar viewing.
- It is critical to use your best judgment when using this product!
- DEHP-, DBP- and BBP-free. Contact us for more details.
- RoHS compliant
- No forever chemicals – Prop 65 compliant
Don’t compromise on eye safety when it comes to such a rare and incredible event. Choose our eye-safe solar eclipse film and experience the magic while keeping your eyes out of harm’s way!
Hit the Start an Inquiry button, let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll get it together for you.