Looking for Mylar film and sheets?

What is Mylar®anyway?

The term “Mylar” is a registered trademark for the bi-axially oriented polyester film that is manufactured by Dupont/Teijin Polyester Enterprise. Only DuPont/Teijin Polyester Enterprises makes Mylar® brand and Melinex®polyester film (BOPET, or PET).  If that’s specifically what you need, we carry it, and are glad to help! We also carry our own DuraLar™ brand of the same high performance polyester film (BOPET, or PET) and sheets.

That said, people often use the term “Mylar” to refer to ANY kind of plastic film or sheet. When used in this way, that term doesn’t tell us enough about what you are looking for. The information on this page will better help you determine what specific materials you are looking for.

If your project doesn’t require actual Mylar® brand polyester film and sheets, please take a look below at our various product lines of commodity, specialty, and custom plastic film and sheets. You can also check out our FAQ, “What type of plastic do I need?“, which can help you get an understanding of different polymers and their relative properties and costs, and help you determine which Grafix product will best suit your needs.


Not seeing what you need? Click on a different tab to see more!



Some of the many custom materials we can provide include (but are not limited to):

Commodity plastic sheets:

  • PET/G & A/PET
  • Polystyrene
  • Acrylic
  • Polycarbonate
  • ABS
  • Synthetic Paper
  • Flexible PVC
  • Nylon
  • Polyolefins

Engineering thermo plastic sheets:

  • Polyetheretherketone (PEEK)
  • Polyetherimide (PEI)
  • Polyethersulfone (PES)
  • Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
  • Polymethylpentene (PMP)
  • Polysulfone (PSO)
  • Ethylene-chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE)


Contact us with your requirements today by clicking our start an inquiry button.