Biodegradable, Environmentally Friendly Acetate Film & Sheet
Biodegradable Acetate Film and Sheet
Biodegradable Acetate film and sheet from Grafix® is a cast cellulose acetate polymer film. If you’re looking for an environmentally friendly plastic material, Grafix Acetate is the right material for you! Cellulose Acetate based film has been an industry standard in graphic arts, packaging, printing, overlays, and many other applications for over 50 years. Now certified as 100% compostable, Grafix Acetate film is ideal for a range of applications where a low environmental impact material is required.
Need help understanding the facts vs. the hype with environmentally friendly material? Please see our Bio Films FAQ
For more discussion on Acetate film, please see our What is Acetate FAQ!
To help you select the right material for your application, please see our BioFilm Applications FAQ.
Environmentally Friendly Features:
- Manufactured from Wood Pulp and Cotton Linters (100% Petroleum Free)
- No food based agriculture used to make our acetate film, only 100% responsibly managed North American Forests.
- Biodegradable 100%, as per ASTM D6400 and DIM EN 13432 (Please see our Bio Films FAQ)
- Recyclable 100% with either Paper or Other Plastics.
- When Incinerated, Grafix Acetate produces only CO2, Water and non-toxic ash.
- Free of heavy metals, complies with RoHS standards.
- No use of hazardous plasticizers or other carcinogenic materials.
- Optical Clarity
- Environmentally Friendly
- Excellent Lay Flat Characteristics
- Very Good Dimensional Stability
- Heat Resistant to 180F/95C
- FDA Approved for Direct Food Contact
- Printable w/no Additional Treatments (litho/offset & screen printing)
- Heat Sealable
- Commercially Available
Click here to see all the available in stock combinations of finishes, gauges & sizes.
- Gauges (stocked .003”-.020”/70um – 500um)
- Gauges (Special Order .0005” - .002”/15um-50um
- Variety of Stock Finishes (Gloss, Matte)
- Variety of Custom Finishes (Metallics, White) – Min. orders may apply
- Custom Formulations and Enhancement Available
Product Conversion to customer specifications: